Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Women’s healthcare has always been a major arena of every prominent medical organization or healthcare institute. Starting from adolescence to seniority, women’s healthcare is so much more than just pregnancy or fertility-related concerns. Addressing the specific healthcare needs of women pertaining to their fertility, pregnancy, menstrual cycle, contraception, reproductive issues, and menopause is essential to their overall well-being.
We have the expertise and the facilities to handle a diverse range of cases and complexities. The department is well supported by other speciality services such as Anaesthesia & Critical Care.
We are specialized in:
- Acute and chronic medical conditions
- Adolescent gynaecology
- Behavioural problems
- Health maintenance during pregnancy
- Operative gynaecology
- Pregnancy and delivery
- Preventative health
- Urinary tract disorders
- Maternal-foetal medicine – an obstetrical subspecialty, sometimes referred to as perinatology that focuses on the medical and surgical management of high-risk pregnancies and surgery on the foetus with the goal of reducing morbidity and mortality.
- Reproductive endocrinology and infertility – focuses on the biological causes and interventional treatment of infertility.
- Gynaecological oncology – a gynaecological subspecialty focusing on the medical and surgical treatment of women with cancers of the reproductive organs.
- Female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery – a gynaecological subspecialty focusing on the diagnosis and surgical treatment of women with urinary incontinence and prolapse of the pelvic organs. Sometimes referred to by laypersons as "Female urology."
High Risk Pregnancy Management
High risk pregnancies require expertise and the latest medical technological developments to ensure minimum risk to the health of both mother and child. Little Flower Hospital provides complete care through an experienced and well-equipped team of Gynaecology and Obstetrics specialists.
- Recurrent pregnancy loss
- Diabetes in pregnancy
- Hypertension in pregnancy
- Antepartum bleeding in pregnancy
- Multiple pregnancy
Advanced Laparoscopic & General Surgeries
Family planning is one of the key elements in life. Our gynaecologists offer training in contraception and pregnancy termination.
Our Surgeries Include:
- Normal Delivery
- Forceps Delivery
- LSCS with Tubectomy
- Tubectomy (Open)
- LAP OVERIAN CYSTOCTOMY
- TUBECTOMY (LAP)
- OVERIAN CYSTOCTOMY
- LAP HYSTERCTOMY
- CERVICAL STITCH
- BARTHOLINE CYST EXCISION
We understand the struggles of trying to conceive a child. At Little Flower Hospital, we provide an in-depth analysis to pinpoint the root cause of infertility, decide the right course of treatment plan and then provide effective infertility treatment up to IUI.
- Ovulation induction
- HSG [hysterosalpingography]
- IUI [Intrauterine insemination]
- High Risk Pregnancy Management
Expectant mothers do not need to worry about pain experienced traditionally, during childbirth. We offer the best approach in minimising the pain and discomfort associated with the event.
Our gynaecologists are experts in the management of pregnancy, labour, and puerperium (the time-period directly following childbirth) and in the health of the female reproductive system, including the diagnosis and treatment of disorders and diseases. Our specialists provide medical and surgical care to women and have particular expertise in pregnancy, childbirth and disorders of the reproductive system. This includes preventative care, prenatal & postnatal care, thedetection of sexually transmitted diseases, Pap test screening, family planning and counselling.